Hey all & happy Friday! I thought I’d share my chicken sandwich recipe I made for my mother this past mother’s day. *MUST* added to ingredients I think are the cornerstone of flavor for this sandwich and not replaceable. I eyeball ingredients, so feel free to add as much or as little of anything except for the salt.
- Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil (just a little)*MUST*
- 1 Tomato *MUST*
- 1 Bell Pepper *MUST*
- Mayo (a sweet tasting one, I used Kraft ‘real mayo’ – 2-3 teaspoons) *MUST*
- Pickles (I used Bread and Butterchips style sandwich pickles)
- Provolone cheese
- Irish Butter *MUST*
- Another bitter green of your choice (because I do not remember which one I used lol, anything works so long as it is leafy)
- 1 ginger root *MUST*
- Ciabatta Bread *MUST*
- Honey Mustard
- Minced Garlic – two teaspoons
- Salt (just a dash)
- Hak’s BBQ Sauce – Smoked Maple Mustard *MUST*
- (optional – Any kind of simple salt-free assorted chicken seasoning of your choice)
I cleaned my chicken breasts with lemon and rinsed it well and then boiled the chicken, cut into pieces, with ginger root pieces until it was cooked but not overdone. I added the chicken alone into a lightly oiled baking pan and seasoned it with garlic, paprika, salt, and Hak’s BBQ Sauce, Smoked Maple Mustard. I added the chicken into the oven on broil to let it gain color (500 temp.).
I made a salad of chopped fresh basil, tomato, and a yellow bell pepper, and mixed it together with mayo.
I washed the radishoots and the other leafy greens that will top off the sandwich and placed it to the side. These greens will act as the bitter greens necessary to balance out the sweetness of the sandwich.
I set up the ciabatta bread by adding a little Irish butter and honey mustard to each slice of the bread. I then added a slice of provolone cheese to each slice of the bread and I put the bread into the oven on broil (500 temp.) to warm and brown.
Next, I took out the chicken and bread from the oven. I added chicken breasts to one side of the sandwich and pickles to the other side. I then added the tomato, basil, bell pepper salad to the chicken and topped it off with the bitter greens. That’s all, done! ❤